Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We Want More Mo!

This week and next, prompted by the book John brought in to share, we are reading several Mo Willems books in all classes. The children will share their thoughts next week, but in the meantime I thought you might enjoy reading a related blog post I wrote at The Write Sisters today. It's entitled Rethinking the Pigeon, and your children's reactions to Willems books inspired me to write it.

You and your children might enjoy watching this video of Mo Willems talking about many of the characters he has created.



I just had an idea! If any of your kids have any Mo Willems books in their personal collections, send the books into school next week. (If you want to, of course!) We'll make a book graph with the books and count how many Mo books the kids collectively own. (I'll stick a post-it note in each book with the owner's name so we don't mix up the books.)

I'll be back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment