Friday, November 20, 2009

Feeling Thankful

Children in all classes read Feeling Thankful written by Shelley Rotner and Sheila Kelly, Ed.D. and illustrated by Shelley Rotner. After, they reflected on the things in their lives for which they are thankful.

EK and PK Children commented on November 23rd.

Keegan said, "I'm thankful for steam trains, old army airplanes, old cars, old steam boats, and old steam cars, but those are a hundred dollars."

Brooke B. said, "I'm thankful for my Mom, Dad, cat, and brother. There's two more things. I'm thankful for my cousin and my Mimi and my Papa."

Bella said, "I'm thankful for my dogs, Wigel [rhymes with "Nigel" -- I'm guessing at the spelling] and Gertie."

Leah said, "I'm thankful for my Mommy 'cause she helps when I need help. She pushed me on the swing set sometimes. She puts on a show when I get home from Ellen's. I'm thankful for my flowers that I have in my garden."

Allison said, "I'm thankful for my dog, Hunter. I love him. I'm thankful for my Mommy and my Daddy.  They let me play games."

Hayden said, "I'm thankful for my family 'cause I love them. I'm thankful for the breeze 'cause it might be nice and warm. I love to color trees and houses and bats and pigs. I'm thankful for animals 'cause I want to go to a party with animals because I'm invited to Tess's animal party with baby kangaroos and skunks. And I'm going to go to Papa's party and there'll be real presents. Santa's going to bring one present and I really want Handy Manny's workshop for Christmas. My birthday is after Santa. Why are you having a birthday? You're not going to have a pinata. That's only for kids. I'm going to have a pinata because I'm a kid."

Brooke N. said, "I'm thankful for my family because when Leah comes over she just takes off her shoes 'cause she always wants to get in my house first. I love to go to the park.  I like going to Storyland and go to Santa's Village."

Annalee said, "I'm thankful for my doggies, Rocky and Lady. Lady runs real fast. I'm thankful for flowers. I like to paint. I like to run."

Sophie said, "I'm thankful for Mommy because every school day she lets me watch TV and then have a snack. I'm thankful for my sister Alexa because she makes me laugh."

John said, "I'm thankful for my family because my Dad gives me treats once in a while and my Mom always says goodnight to me and because my dog Litunga when I go upstairs to do all my nighttime chores before I go to bed my dog comes up with me. And Arthur because sometimes he shares some of his animals with me. I'm thankful for my animals. Nanny gave me a few of the animals. Most of them my Mom just buyed for me. I'm thankful for that I have toys and I'm thankful for that I have a great family."

Arthur said, "I'm thankful for a lot of animals. A lot of people gave them to me. And I like being with my Mom and my Dad because at the end of our dinner we get our treat and a show. And if I ever go outside just with Litunga I like being with him. And if we go at the hotel for a sleepover I can bring three of mine animals. And I like to play computer games and print out stuff and I like when Litunga licks me. And I like my family -- Mommy, Daddy, John, Litunga, you, Nanny. I just like the end of the day when we could print out stuff and that's all."

Brady said, "I'm thankful for my house because it's big and because I have a radio in it. I'm thankful for my family -- Ryan, Kevin, Tess, Mama, Daddy, Remmie. They take care of me."

Daniel said, "I'm thankful for having a family that loves me. I'm thankful for having nice friends. We play and I think we read books, too. I can't read but I think in one book I can read, but not all of the page. When Dad comes home and Lightning's outside she barks. I'm thankful for having fruits and vegetables."

PK Comments

Mikayla said, "My Daddy because he picks me up and gives me a big hug."

Kaitlyn said, "For my Mom because she feeds me everytime when I need to eat. She tucks me in when it's nighttime. She takes care of me."

Brady L. said, "My family, my dog, and I'm thankful for my Grandmas and Grandpas and I'm thankful for my friends."

Mack said, "I am thankful for my Mom because she has candy for me. She does good things for me like read stories to me and make cakes and set up birthday parties. I'm thankful for you because I like you. Everyone likes you, you know." [Note: Mack just "made" my entire holiday season!]

Emmett said, "I am thankful for my toys. I'm thankful for my Superhero toys and I'm thankful for my sister and you." [Note: Emmett was not influenced by Mack as he didn't hear her dictate her blog entry. My holiday season is getting better by the minute!]

Camryn said, "I'm thankful for myself. I'm thankful for water, soap, numbers. I'm thankful for Nantay. I play with her a lot. I'm thankful for John. [Note: John happened to be standing and listening to Camryn dictate her blog entry.]

Christel said, "I'm thankful for the zoo and the zebras. I'm thankful for the sink 'cause I like to wash my hands and it's really fun at Mimi's house. I use the big tub soap, kind of like tub soap, it looks like a tub, and I put some water on it and I wash my hands. It's really fun. I'm thankful for you because I like your glasses and your shirt. I'm thankful for pianos at Mommy's school. I get to play with the cymbal at Mommy's school." [Note to self: Wear that shirt and those glasses more often.]

Emelyn said, "I love my cousins. J.J. and Ethan. I'm thankful for pizza. I'm not thankful for anything else. Only pizza."  

Acadia said, "I like my Mommy because she lets me read books at night. She gives me healthy food. I like to jump and play."

Summer said, "Mommy because she gives me gum. She snuggles me. I'm thankful for Daddy."

Eva said, "I'm thankful for being The Mystery Kid. I like my Mommy tucks me into night and she kisses me and I love her kisses. And I love to be The Mystery Kid."

Katherine said, "I'm thankful for my Mama because everyday Lily likes us and everyday she just wants to eat with Mommy. I'm thankful for my Daddy coming here to bring me here." 

CPG Children commented on November 20th.


Alec said, "I'm thankful for my toys. My favorite is little, tiny diggers. Little dump trucks. I'm thankful for animals like bugs and hornets. Oh, I don't like hornets! I like bugs."

Aidan C. said, "I'm thankful for my Mom because I love her. She turns on the TV for me and she lets me wash dishes."

Lindsey said, "Turkeys!"

Aiden R. said, "I'm thankful for my house. My family lives in it. I play with my toys."

Olivia said, "Turkeys! Pumpkins! The playground! Dogs and cats! Zebras! Elephants! Cows!"

Aria said, "Mommy! Her makes stuffing and cranberry chicken and rice. I like plain rice. Maggie bite my hand and Mommy said, 'Go outside!' When I was coughing her take me to my hospital. I love Mommy!"

Ryan said, "My family because Mama has long hair and I like to snuggle with her. Because Dada plays X-Box. My Grammy says, 'Okay. I'll ask Santa if you can buy the Wii for Christmas. But be a good boy because he's watching you right now.' Because Brady's my friend and I wish he was my family. And Jasmine bites bad guys, and kitty can scratch the bad guys and he can jump on the bad guy's head and claw him and he can rip his hair. Because Tommy says, 'Oh, you can come up to watch me play X-Box 360 the new Call of Duty when I finish my homework.' Because Shannon makes the cat try to scratch me and I go, 'Aaaah!' She's teasing. Me and Nenah went on a hunt on night, but we didn't see any grizzly bears. The car door shut and went, 'Aaaah!' I said, 'Something may be following us.' And Dad was like, 'Aaaaah!' He screamed. And I went, 'Dad, don't tease me!'  It was funny."

Brady D. said, "For my family because Jake let me watch him play 3XD. Because Tommy Boy lets me in his room. Darby says, 'Don't come in here!' Then her says, 'Go away!' I'm thankful for my cats because I feed them and because they like me. They lick me. One of the cats had a tick on her head. Shannon took the tick off and it dropped on my Mom's upstairs table and the tick opened up and all this stuff came out. I'm thankful because my Mom likes me. And my Dad. We went hunting for deer."

Maeve said, "I'm thankful when Noni gives me presents and movies. I'm thankful for books. My favorite is Racecar Driver.  I'm happy when Mommy brings presents.  I'm thankful for Daddy when he gives me phones."

J.J. said, "I'm thankful for all of my stuffies. I like to play with them. My favorite is the multi-colored cat. I'm thankful for my Mama and my Daddy because they're nice to me when I'm good. Because I love them and they let me sleep with them when I'm scared. Because they give me stuff that's hard for me to reach."

Teagan said, "For my door and my house. I'm thankful that I'm going to get a playground. I'm thankful for Lisa.  I'm thankful for the whole, wide world."

2 comments: